Saturday, July 28, 2007

Help me Name my new Web site!

I'm pushing it, I know. To taunt you with another post that's not one. I promise I'll write a post with real content, really soon.

Meanwhile, I really do need your help! I am ramping up my consulting/training business, trying to get enough facilitation gigs to pay off my loans a little quicker, among other things. To do this I need a website, which I'm working on. My web site needs an address - that's where you come in.

The main requirements are that it be easy to remember and easy to spell. Unfortunately, this rules out using my last name. It needn't have much to do with the content of my business - in fact, I'd rather not get very specific because I don't want people thinking I only teach on one subject. (So, no "transgender trainers . com, please.)

Some that have been proposed (some in jest, but it's hard to tell which), are as follows:

sometimesdaveywins
daveyworkshops
digressiontrainings
breakingbinariestrainings
jestertrainings (after my cat)
queerastrainings
flyingsquirreltrainings
superjustice
thinktwicetrainings
mindspringtrainings (which is so good & vague, it must be taken)
complicitous (violates the easy-to-spell rule)
redhoodietrainings (i don't always wear it ...)
knowjusticetraining (unfortunate sound-alike)
b'asherhusham (oy, the spelling!)
classytrainers
tzedektzedek
slingshottraining

and there were so many more but ... I guess they failed the "easy to remember" test. I could still be convinced, if someone reminds me of them.

So, what do you think? I need ideas! Post em in your comments, please. I need em by August 10.

6 comments:

Harriet the Spy - one of fiction's greatest observers said...

mindblowingtraining
justicefairy
tikkunworkshops
tzedekwork
jesterforjustice
penchewingtrainings


I'll leave you to decide which ones are in jest...good luck!

ElliotManning said...

No ideas of my own -- yet.
But I really liked one of the suggestions already up there, thinktwicetrainings. My vote goes to that idea.

Anonymous said...

This may be biased by the recent events in my life... but I gotta ditto thinktiwcetrainings...

AJ

Mary said...

I like thinktwicetrainings.com also.

-Mary

Anonymous said...

thinkagain.com or .org

newviewtrainings.com

newperspectives.com

newjustice

openview

Harriet the Spy - one of fiction's greatest observers said...

oooh, I like thinkagain.com