I've noticed lots of funny, ironic situations that are unique to trans life. I'm sure you can come up with lots more! Please post comments contributing your examples, and let's see how many fantastically funny ones we can come up with. The list is very FtM-centric right now. That's what tends to go on in my life. Examples from all kinds of trans and genderqueer and otherwise interestingly-gendered humans are very welcome. (If you need your examples to be anonymous, say so in your comment. I'll delete the comment and post the examples for you under my username.)
Here are some classics to kick-start the list.
- Blood stains on boxer shorts.
- Going into the ladies’ room to readjust your packy.
- That straight girl you had a crush on for all of high school finally comes out, and she confesses that she had a crush on you, too! But, now that you’re a guy, she’s not into you.
- You and your big-boned-femme best friend go to the ladies’ room together. You get by without a sideways glance, but someone takes pains to ask your friend if she’s sure she’s in the right place.
- Teaching your daughter how to shave her legs, apply eye makeup, or use a tampon.